Welcome to the Newtownards Chamber of Trade
Promoting Newtownards as a great destination for shopping and socialising..
Newtownards Chamber of Trade
Established many years ago by local traders, Newtownards Chamber of Trade plays a significant role within the local business community. We are a membership organisation which is made up of local businesses; this includes traders in retail, food, licensed premises as well as many types of business service organisations and service providers.
Who can join?
Pretty much any local business. If you are located within the Ards Peninsula area, we’d love to have you involved. Any business membership organisation is stronger with ‘strength in numbers’. We can have an influence and play an integral part in business life, especially in building connections with our local council. The more members we can state that we represent, the more businesses we can support, help and communicate with. Ultimately, with the aim to making Ards a better place to do business, all types of business.
What do we do?
- We aim to support our local businesses by establishing a strong network of members.
- We communicate local activities, training opportunities, funding updates, tourism events and business opportunities, on a regular basis.
- We encourage our members to work together to help each other increase footfall, ultimately increasing sales!
- We promote Newtownards and the surrounding area as a key place to do business, to visit, to shop in and to enjoy a lunch or evening out.
- We host at least four networking events throughout the year.
- We played a significant role in the Ards Business Awards 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2019 we hope to continue in this in 2020 and beyond.
Current Board Members
President: Derek Wright Street Life/The Precinct 07801 email@example.com
Vice President: Leigh Nelson Specsavers 07791 firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Bill McGregor BMG Accountants 07742 email@example.com
Secretary: Heather Lavery 07771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Hanna Orange Tree House 07968 email@example.com
Jon Duncan Worthington Solicitors 07843 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynsey Cleland Hair & Co. Newtownards 07742 email@example.com
Clive O’Neil Ards Saturday Market 07770 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanne Neale Warden Bros. 07762 email@example.com
Ian Foster Web Theatre Newtownards 07711 firstname.lastname@example.org
To work together as local businesses and with other organisations, to promote Newtownards and the Peninsula as a destination for business, shopping, eating, socialising, exploration and adventure!
Representation and lobbying
Access to key town businesses contacts
Help in dealing with Government departments and Ards and North Down Borough Council
Marketing, sponsorship and promotional initiatives
To continue to grow and develop our membership throughout Newtownards and the surrounding areas
We will build better lines of communication with other members.
To develop our range of membership services and ensure that these remain relevant to the needs of our members
We will improve the Newtownards product through involvement in the Public Realm Project.
To represent the interests of our members at a local and strategic level and to play a key role in improving the business climate in Newtownards